Friday, March 13, 2009

Sick nast ugh!!!

I have been gone for a while. NO I am not dead, thank heavens huh.

But there has been an evil, evil virus making the rounds at my house and since I have like a hundred kids who don't like to start their sickness until another is just finishing their sicknesses, well it is an endless array of snot and coughs.

I know ... Ti's the season. Well I am here to tell you that I decided that I was not, really not going to get sick this time. No freaking way. It is bad enough to have a hundred sick kids but to be a sick parent too. Well it is probably what hell will be like.

So I had a plan. I did some research on ancient Chinese remedies for colds and guess what I found?

I know you are dying to know.......

Ginger

Yest that is right I found out that Ginger is the only substance known to man that actually combats the rhino-virus(that's the common cold for those who don't know)

So I learned how to make Ginger tea.

On day 5 of my 3 child's sickness, after kissing many a snotty nose by accident, I felt that little tickle in my throat that means that I am getting sick.

NO Way, not this time rhino!!! I rushed to the store, bought my ginger root and made me some ginger tea. Ugh. That first drink was insane, burning hot, not the heat from the hot water, no the spice heat from Ginger. It is crazy, but I could feel it affecting my throat, for the better. I could feel it killing that darn rhino-virus. Amazing.

Well folks I drank it for days straight until all my kids were healed. And guess what I did not get even get sick. Not at all. It works, it is incredible. I am a believer.


Here is a bit of info for your enjoyment.

"Ginger tea is commonly used as a cold remedy. It is said to boost the immune system, soothe sore throats, and treat bouts of flu. It is also believed to improve digestion and help relieve nausea.

Still not convinced to try ginger tea? Consider these known health benefits of ginger tea:

  • Improves circulation and blood flow
  • Relieves cold and flu symptoms
  • Eases stomach cramps, improves digestion and relieves nausea
  • Reduces menstrual cramping
  • Helps regulate blood sugar
  • Boosts the immune system
How to make Ginger tea

Good Stuff
You so want to go get some ginger and get your tea on huh!?!?

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Yeah, I'll think I have to pass!

Jami said...

If you can take it. Garlic and cayenne have similar properties. If you've got the guts for it. ;)