Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cranky

I have been cranky lately, I mean really cranky. I have even yelled at my husband in front of our friends. Who does that. I know ya gotta make a good impression, that is key to good lasting friendships and then to go and yell at my husband. It was for a stupid reason too. See he got on my computer to search for something and did not save all the money I had made on my pet on pet society, which is a game on face book. So I was screaming at him for it. I ended up hitting the back button and it was fine, I had not lost anything. Oops. I felt very silly.

What is my problem.

It could be PMS, I mean I was really aroused the other day and figured that Dear little Polly was on her way. I hope that is it, I am normally so nice, and sweet, (or so I think). Maybe it is something Chemical. Maybe I should see a doctor and get my blood levels checked.

Anyways, I have been trying extra hard not to get mad today and I don't think I have yelled at the kids at all. I did tell D the oldest, that I wanted to kick her in the face at one point. Can you believe I said that? I never would, I don't even spank my kids if you can believe that. But I told her I wanted to. Who tells their five year old that they want to kick them in the face. OH man, see I told you I was cranky.

9 comments:

Val said...

People would be very surprised at the things I have said to my children. I'm not proud of it but it has happened. My youngest is a pistol and just pushes and pushes your buttons. He knows what gets me.
Though it could be a monthly thing, a year ago my husband said I better do something about my 2 weeks a months(the week before and during) because I was a real b****. I called my gyn. and he said that happens a lot to women and he put me on zoloft. Said I could take it only for those 2 weeks or on a daily basis, I take it on a daily basis just to be safe. It's helped a ton. The generic isn't too expensive, at Sam's only $10 a month. Not saying you need it but some info if you want it.

annie valentine said...

Perhaps you'll feel better when I tell you that I yelled at my husband (foot stomping included) in front of our nine year old primary class. Yeah, real smooth. I think I subconsciously want to get released. It was bad enough that I actually sat down and pouted the rest of the class period. Because I'm in the seventh grade.

Anonymous said...

Ouch! PMS for sure. Don't fret, every husband needs a hollering at every once in awhile! Keeps em on their toes

Kristina P. said...

Thanks for popping by my blog! Looks like a fun blog you have here. Even with PMS. :)

Erin said...

I've never heard it being called Dear Little Polly before :) Some days are just like that, aren't they?

NOBODY said...

Dear Little Polly cracked me up.

I uh, have looked around after saying things and then said aloud, "please strike that from the record". Sometimes you've just had enough. Right?

I felt like a heel the other day when I asked my five year old to stop doing something that was potentially dangerous to the baby's safety. He didn't stop and the baby did in fact get hurt and bled and cried and my response was to say, "stupid, stupid, stupid STUPID!" what I meant (which is hardly justifiable) was, "it was really stupid not to listen to me!" but that is not what I said, and not what he heard and 100 compliments and I love you's will not erase that momentary stupidity in me.

Oh wait, YOU'RE anonymous, not me.

Uh, strike that from the record...

hairyshoefairy said...

I'll definitely be using the "strike that from the record" comment. I hate when I hear incredibly rude things fly out of my mouth and think, "who is this person?" Oh. It's me. It sounds like PMS to me. My DH can always tell when I''m about to start cuz I get all pissed off about stupid things and am really rude. Really, it's out of control.

Thanks for stopping by my little bloggity. :)

Anonymous said...

I just love that you have a pet on pet society. Maybe we'll run into each other at the cafe someday!

Also, the fact that you recognize your irrational crankiness and have guilt over it, means you're going to be OK. Admitting it is the first step to recovery. Or something. Right?

nevadanista said...

"I have even yelled at my husband in front of our friends. Who does that."

*raises hand*

:)